this year i got to see sparta locals, mono, explosion in the sky and a lot more live. i read a lot of books, made a lot of friends, did a lot of crazy things, and made a lot of memories. most of my year was spent getting over the break-up with ryo, which i'm still not quite over. i've learned so much about myself; what i want in my life, what i want in a relationship, and more about my psych in general. i've learned how to be independent and how to live without a boyfriend haha. i haven't been single for this long of a period of time since i was 16, also this was my first christmas being single. i'm learning how to be strong by myself and want to be even stronger in 2010.
1. What did you do in 2009 that you'd never done before?
I went on a roadtrip across the South for Spring Break,bummed a cigarette from my favorite band,became GoOnY, uM that's probably it. not a year for new things.
2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
i didn't make any resolutions last year, but this year i want to
a. actively pursue happiness
b. stop biting my nails
c. smile at strangers
d. read one book a month
e. go on a date with kevin rose
f. eat better and exercise more
g. bake more
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
just traveling around the US ;D
6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?
happiness and a GOOD boyfriend
7. What date from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
february 2009, ryo and i broke up
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
finding out more about myself and what i want and don't want
9. What was your biggest failure?
ignoring obvious character flaws in other people
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
just common colds and stumpy knees
11. What was the best thing you bought?
12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
josh for putting up with me even at my worst
13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
my ex boyfriend
14. Where did most of your money go?
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
16. What song will always remind you of 2009?
sparta locals - tokyo ballerina
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? not necessarily sadder but a bit jaded
ii. thinner or fatter? f@tter
iii. richer or poorer? poorer
haha this section makes me feel pitiful
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
moping around and feeling bad for myself
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
spent it with my sister's family and playing santa ;D
22. Did you fall in love in 2009?
nope but i had some crushes ;3
23. How many one-night stands?
24. What was your favourite TV program?
it's always sunny in philadelphia
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
26. What was the best book you read?
kafka on the shore
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
have a nice life!
28. What did you want and get?
29. What did you want and not get?
to meet a good guy
30. What was your favourite film of this year?
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
21! i had a 90s party, and went out to eat with josh and yusuke
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
some kind of anchor
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009?
girly cool, loose, layered, monotone, oshare!
34. What kept you sane?
josh and music
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
listening to glenn beck being a literal baby on his talk show/fox news
37. Who did you miss?
josh in the summer time, and daniel ;(
38. Who was the best new person you met?
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009.
a rock and a grain of sand sink in the ocean the same
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
i don't feel anything where this love should be